Tuesday, May 10, 2011

So BIG!

Sonya will be 15 months old in a few days already. Time has gone by so fast. I keep seeing these teeny, tiny newborns and think to myself that Sonya was that small about a year ago. It's hard to imagine her that little anymore though.

I'm enjoying my time at home being able to watch my kids grow up and seeing them learn new things. Sonya has mastered walking. She's trying to figure out the best way to go down the stairs at our apartment. The railing is up a little too high and she insists on walking down the stairs instead of sliding down on her butt. It's so cute to watch her figure it all out.

Recently, Sonya's communication skills have been developing more. She's saying a few more words and being more consistent with hand signing. It's so nice to know what she wants. If she's hungry, she has us follow her to the pantry and then points at it. If she wants a drink, she'll sign "milk" and even say "maa, maa" while guiding us over to the refrigerator. Some of her words are just babbling, but she loves to talk! Her favorite thing to say lately has been "hi." She'll wave to strangers and shout out "hi." It's so funny how friendly my little girl is. I swear, she'll go by almost any woman. Who could resist a sweet face and outstretched arms?

Sonya has also been understanding a lot of what Tim, Caleb, and I say. If we ask her where her baby is, she'll go and look for it. She also started bringing her shoes to us when we ask and can take off her jacket with a little help from mom and dad. A few days ago, we began teaching Sonya the names of body parts. Since eye sounds close to "hi", she mastered saying the new word and is able point to mommy and daddy's eyes when we ask. She's so proud of herself! My little girl is growing up. I love you Sonya Rose.

3 comments:

Charlyn said...

She's a gem! And darn! I thought I was special with her reaching for me!! ;)

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet :) I can't wait to see her again! Levi still isn't walking, but he stands more and more every day, so that's gotta count for something! He isn't saying any more words yet either, but just yesterday he took his babbling to a whole new level. It's sooo funny!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sonya! Levi is excited to see her :)