So we started making phone calls to change our water, electric, and mail services over to the new address already. I think we just have to deal with AT&T for our internet now. Maybe I'll make Tim do it. haha... He doesn't like having to call them at all. Their rates are good, but their customer service experience is NOT! Anyway, it feels good to get those little things out of the way so I don't have to worry about our water being shut off while we're trying to move in or not having electricity to turn on lights. :-)
As for paint colors... haha.. poor Tim. I keep changing my mind on the exact shades of green and brown that I want to use. We went to Home Depot on Saturday so I could get the color cards vs. trying to use the Behr online colors. I think I have it narrowed down to grape leaves and mesa now. I'll compare the colors against the living and dining room walls when we do our walk through on Saturday. Hopefully I won't need to change my mind again. It's just so tough because the shade changes depending on the amount of light the wall gets throughout the day. If there's only a 5 minute period during the day where the walls look "ugly," I think I can deal with that. BUT... if it's for half the day, I'm thinking I'd need to paint over it.
Things are slowly coming together though. Tim just bought our washer and dryer from Sears so they'll deliver next week Friday. We'd been looking at prices and comparisons for a few weeks now and decided it was time to go ahead and order them. It sounds like we'll have a lawn mower to last us through the summer. Then maybe next year, we'll buy one unless the one we're getting really won't last all summer. lol... I'm just thankful we won't have to spend money on one for right now. One less thing to research and worry about, I guess.
I started putting the felt circles on the bottom of furniture. Although, I think I'll wait until the weekend to finish because otherwise I noticed that they come off easily if dragged on our carpet. Caleb likes to pull his chair over to the counter to help set the table and I can just see the felt coming off of our chairs.
I still have some boxes to pack. At this point, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. It seems like there's not a lot to pack, but then I look around at our "mess" and feel like I have a long way to go. I'm just glad we have two weeks to move and clean everything. The cleaning part is not something I'm looking forward to, but I want to get our deposit back on the apartment! Anyway, as long as we can move all of our big furniture that won't fit in either of our cars, I'll still have another week to pack up those last few things and not feel so stressed out. Only one more week left until we close!!!!!
1 comment:
This is all so exciting, Michelle!!! I love the sound of those colors, really! Wish I was there to help with the big move. Try not to stress too much, have fun with it, this might be your last move and YOURE BUYING A HOUSE! :)
Post a Comment