Sunday, May 23, 2010

Time flies by...

I haven't have much time to blog lately .... sorry to my readers. I know you're looking forward to the next parts of my "story."

Work was really tough on Monday. I wanted to cry all day, but I made it through the week. By Friday, I wasn't even thinking about the kids much and felt like I was getting things accomplished. It probably helps knowing that the end is in sight.

We had a blast yesterday despite Caleb's moodiness lately. I don't know what to do with the boy. Hopefully it's just him adjusting to going back to daycare and not being at home with mommy all the time. We went to lots of parks and were outside a ton. Now, he's begging us... or rather.. "telling" us we're going to the park.

Anyway... yesterday, we went to Green Bay for a birthday party for one of my co-worker's sons. The food was great and I got to talk to another co-worker's wife whom I haven't seen in a while. Since Caleb was getting antsy and didn't have any older kids to really play with, we left a little early to go to Tim's aunt and uncle's house which was about 10 minutes away.

The kids all ran around the yard chasing each other and tackling Tim. We grilled out for supper. The weather was absolutely PERFECT! After dinner, I braided Hana and Erin's hair. Then Amy and Fritz watched the kids while Tim and I went for a walk. It was nice to have some time without the kids... we actually could talk to each other! Tim still has a dream of buying two yurts and having some sort of a tunnel connecting them. (This is instead of buying a house).

While walking, we passed the Suamico Elementary school, where the girls go, and they had hurdles out by the soccer field. Let's just say... Tim was a kid again. He was trying to show off and did the hurdles while I watched. I attempted to do them, but my flip flops weren't the best shoes to do that. Towards the end of the walk, I was pretending that my feet hurt and made Tim give me a piggy-back ride.. for a few feet. lol... Then we raced that last block back to his aunt and uncles house. (He won.... but I blame it on the flip flops).

On our way home, Caleb clunked out so we stopped at McD's for a Reeses' McFlurry for me while I nursed Sonya one more time. I think we just crashed into bed as soon as we got home, which was 10:00pm. It was a long day... but fun! 

No comments: