Well, I went back to work on Wednesday. I think more than anything, I was tired out. I really wanted a nap. I was even too tired to really miss my baby. The day went by fairly quickly. Luckily, there were only 650 or so emails to go through. So it took me all morning just to sift through and delete the unimportant emails and then all afternoon to try and retain any new information that I had missed in the past 3 months.
By the time I got home, I was so exhausted. After feeding Sonya and eating dinner, I completely crashed. My head was pounding from staring at my computer at work all day so I think the tylenol helped me sleep a little better. I was so blessed that Sonya was tired enough to fall asleep at 6:30pm and sleep until midnight when she ate and clunked out again. Through the night, I ended up getting 10, yes 10!, hours of wonderful sleep. I felt so refreshed on Thursday morning.
Thursday wasn't as exciting. There were a few compliance modules that I had to complete from the time I was gone and I did a brief outline of my goals for the year since we have to plug those into our Performance Review program and then assess ourselves at the end of the year. I took a few phone calls and roamed a bit. Roaming at my job doesn't mean that I get up and just walk around. Nope.. I just sit at my desk and wait for people to send me instant messages or approach my desk with questions about customer accounts. Occasionally I get an escalated call. I might be strange, but I almost get a kind of "high" off of turning a customer's attitude around and having them thank me in the end instead of screaming at me. It's nice. :-) Since I had some free time while roaming, I started translating the new 1-pg application into Spanish.
Today... it was SLOW! There weren't that many calls. I roamed all morning and actually finished the Spanish application so it's ready to be proofed. I even completed the compliance modules for the month of May. By the end of the day, I was ready for it to be over. Thank goodness I had my Girl Scout cookies to help me through the day! I had bought them from a co-worker before I went on maternity leave so she just delivered them to me at my desk today. :-)
Well.. that's about it. Sonya is doing well at daycare. I guess I stressed out about nothing! ... I'd be less stressed if I had more time to express milk at work though. But.. other than that, things are good.
Over and out... time for bed!
2 comments:
yah! so glad it's going well for both mommy and baby! :)
YAYY I am so happy mommy and baby are doing good:) and girlscout cookies are the best, love me some samoa!! lol
Post a Comment