Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lovely day in the life of Michelle...

It seems like I never get a lot of time to blog and that I end up doing parts of sentences here and there ... so it takes me an entire day to actually write something. Well.. this doesn't count because I can kind of type whatever and it's a lot faster than when I'm writing something more thoughtful.

Yesterday, I had to get up a little earlier to take my car in for an oil change. We go to C& M Auto which is barely a block away from the apartment.  They have a set-up where you get a punch card and if you get 5 oil changes there, the 6th one is FREE! I like free. :-) Our tire rotation was also free because we bought our tires from them. :-) So I packed the kids in the car and drove over. Then we walked back home to eat breakfast.

Caleb and I spent the morning working on our paper mache project. It's almost done. I have some pictures of it, but will wait until it's finished before posting those. I've really enjoyed being able to spend time with him doing something creative. I know he's been having fun too! It's so hard though because it takes much longer to complete a project with lots of interruptions from a hungry or poopy Sonya. lol...

I was pretty exhausted after lunch so I let Caleb watch part of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and tried to doze off. I hoped he would fall asleep and take a nap too. That didn't happen ... oh well. While I was in a half-asleep state, Charlie from the auto shop called to let me know the car was done. Caleb answered the phone of course. "What's your name?" .. haha..  He looked a little puzzled when the other side of the phone responded, "Charlie, from C&M Auto." I don't think he had any clue who it was. At least I could kind of hear who was on the phone and had been expecting a call from him. It's been a challenge with that boy because he likes to answer the phone, but not give the phone to mommy. Finally, he gave me the phone after a few promptings. Charlie was funny and said, "So, you have someone screening your calls?" lol... "Yup."

Since Caleb wasn't napping, I figured we could go walk over and pick up my car. While I was getting Sonya ready, Caleb was holding open the outside door for me. It was really sweet, but I wasn't even down the stairs yet and we were going to be using the back door. I told him to shut that door and come over by where I had the stroller... and that's when I heard.. "Mom.." in a tone that sounded like he needed help. The door is a little heavy and has a spring-loaded sort of effect to close. Anyway, I didn't get there in time and Caleb got his finger smashed.  I don't know how deep the cut was, but I took him back inside the apartment to wash it off and put a band-aid on it. He hardly ever cries when he's hurt; such a tough little man. But this time was different. He was wailing...poor guy. I convinced him to come along to get the car. He cried the whole way and finally stopped when we walked in the door. I'm hoping he didn't break his finger, but I don't think he did because he hasn't complained since. Well... I changed his  band-aid last night and he started crying again. I'm not sure if it was pain or just the memory of pain.

Anyway, we went to St. Vinnie's after we got the car and I found some Fisher Price children's roller skates for $2. So excited! Now he can practice a little and we won't have to spend a bunch of money at Skateland to try and teach him.

Since Caleb was all tuckered out with th day's events, he fell asleep on the couch at 5:00. I told Tim to let him sleep because then we could eat a nice quiet meal without all his constant, "Mommy, mommy, mommy...", "Why?", "What's that?" It's cute that he likes to talk and is so curious, but it drives me insane sometimes. After we ate, I tried waking Caleb up, but he was out like a light. Even Sonya's cries didn't wake him. Once Tim got him up, he kept falling asleep and didn't want to go to the library (which he usually loves to do.) So Tim left and I convinced Caleb to eat some supper. I bribed him with the promise of going to Culver's. I've never seen a little boy eat so fast. Normally, he's a putzy slow eater. Well, he ate everything on his plate and we met Tim for ice cream. Yum!

After we got home, I checked out the children's Tae Bo video that Tim got from the library. Man, that's one heck of a workout! I'm not sure Caleb was too impressed though. Oh well...

This morning had its out twist of events. Tim noticed that there were some fraudulent charges on one of our credit cards. At least the two charges only added up to $30 or so and only happened 2 days ago so we can get a jump start on the whole thing, but STILL! We're getting our card blocked while they investigate and new cards are in the mail. Thank goodness Tim checks our finances and accounts on a regular basis! (*Call centers are much easier to reach at 6 in the morning... lol*)

To end this on a funny note... Tim went to wake up Caleb since Tuesdays are the days that he goes to daycare. He wasn't in his room. Somehow he managed to make it to the couch in the middle of the night.  

Conversation when he woke up..
Tim: What time did you get up?
Caleb: 2:00 (he can read our digital clocks)
Tim: Why did you come out here?
Caleb: My room was being crazy. (Such a strange little boy... lol)

That's all for now. I should probably get dressed. :)

No comments: