Monday, November 14, 2011

A Date with Caleb

It had been forever since Caleb and I had gone on a date together. The last one I could remember was going to the library and then Caleb spent most of the time just playing with the trains. So I thought it'd be nice to do something just with him and I.

Since Tim isn't crazy about Mexican food or rather food that resembles Mexican ... lol... Caleb and I went to Taco Bell for dinner. With all the road construction in Saukville, we were pretty much the only ones in the dining area. It was like we had the place to ourselves. It was nice to just sit down and have a good one-on-one talk with him. Plus I know he had been wanting to go back to Taco Bell for a while now.

I still had a coupon for a free ice cream cone at Dairy Queen so we stopped there for dessert. Again, we were the only ones inside. We went into the little room that used to have the merry-go-round in it. Caleb and I told jokes while we ate ice cream. He's big into jokes like: "Why did the chicken cross the road?" His punchline was: "Because he was a chicken." It was so ridiculous, but yet so funny. Then I asked, "Why did the rhinoceros cross the road?" I don't think I had an answer planned so when Caleb responded with, "Because he was a rhinoceros," we both just laughed.

One of my favorite jokes was: "Why did the rooster cross the road?" -- The answer: "To kiss the chicken!" hehe -- I made that one up in case you were wondering. I thought it was pretty good too!

Outside of jokes, it was just a very nice time to sit down with Caleb and talk about life and what he likes and doesn't like, how school is going, and just any other topic that came up. I love my little Caleb boy and just pray that he always feels comfortable to talk to me and never thinks he's too old to have dates with his mommy. :-)

No comments: