Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend -- Up North

For Labor Day weekend, we planned to visit Tim's grandparents up north. On Friday, Caleb had a short day at school since it was his first day and Tim took a few hours off of work. Tim got home earlier than I expected and surprised me with a rose. Then he asked if I wanted to go out on a date with him that night. I was confused because we were going to have dinner at his grandparents or so I thought. Apparently that was why he was emailing them from work instead of home. He had already arranged for them to watch the kids and feed them while we went out to a restaurant.

So the kids ate pizza while Tim and I went to the Weatherwood Supper Club. I had stuffed jumbo shrimp and Tim ordered chicken cordon bleu. They had fresh baked bread and a soup and salad bar too. It was so delicious! We had a lot of fun just being goofy and enjoying each other's company. Then we decided to drive to Mountain to see what was there before heading back to his grandparents' house. The sky was so dark and I tried to get a good picture of how cool the clouds looked. My camera didn't do it justice though. Oh well.... here's my attempt:
The sky looked really cool!

I had to get a photo of the kids with their Great Grandma and Grandpa before we left for church. The first one is a little silly. Caleb really likes to pose and make weird noises. Sonya is watching him of course. The second picture is a little better. Well, Caleb is kind of sticking out his tongue or something, but at least Sonya and the rest of them look good!

Great Grandma and Grandpa Wagner with the kids

A slightly better photo

No comments: