Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Adventures with Sir Harry Ka

Maybe it's funnier in person..... but my son has the most amazing imagination and I just had to share.

Since Caleb doesn't have school on Fridays, I decided we were still going to have school at home. So on Friday, we worked on lowercase letters and had a mini Spanish session. I think Caleb LOVED it because last night, he wanted to play school again. He got out the notebooks and the old baby wipe container filled with crayons, colored pencils, etc.

Tim: What are we going to do today, Mr. Nikolai?
Caleb: My name is not Mr. Nikolai. It's sir. Sir Harry Ka. (It was so hard not to laugh. He was being so serious.)

Then he proceeded to take charge and told us we were going to read a story, go outside, then come inside so we could eat fruit snacks. So he read us a story and I decided to play along and get into character.

Michelle: (raising my hand) Sir, I have to go to the bathroom.
Caleb: Wait! I have to call the doctor. Where's my phone?
Michelle: I really have to go.
Caleb: Just a second, I'm calling the doctor. (He finally located his toy cell phone).
Michelle: Sir, I think I'm going to pee my pants.
Caleb: Ok, I just talked to the doctor and he said you can go to the bathroom.

After that, it was time to paint. Caleb got us a bucket of pretend water and we used crayons to paint pictures. I drew a stick person of Tim (with glasses of course).

Michelle: Teacher, teacher! Look what I drew!
Caleb: Good job, honey.

At some point, Caleb called me mommy and I had to tell him that that wasn't my name so he decided to call me "Hey kid... lady kid."

Tim and I decided to ask him all sorts of questions and found out that he has a house with 100 rooms, 10 dogs, and 1 kitty. His car is a silver Honda (with a silver button to open the trunk) and he has a garage that is silver and tan.

Michelle: Are you married?
Caleb: No, I'm not married. I have no son.

Tim and I were just cracking up. If that wasn't enough, we went into his bedroom to play "outside." Caleb held my hand because I said I was scared and didn't want to walk by myself. As soon as we were in his room, Tim and I started tossing around a toy chicken from a farm set. Then, Sir Harry Ka said he had a surprise for us in his closet. We were trying to guess what it was.

Tim: Is it a turkey?
Caleb: (opening up the closet door). Yes! You're right! It's a turkey.
Tim: Are we going to eat it?
Caleb: That's a great idea! (walks up to Sonya who was laying on her belly, with her butt up in the air. He then pretended to munch on her) Mmmm num num num. (At that point, Tim and I were laughing so hard we were crying!)

Finally, we went back "inside" to have a snack. Guess what flavors of fruit snacks there were! --- "lemonade, cherry, mint, strawberry and mint and cherry and mint and strawberry strawberry."

I had a fun day at school!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT a funny guy!!! This was too cute:)

Liz Ferguson said...

LOL! That is way too funny. What a silly little man. :)

Sounds like you are enjoying your time at home. What a blessing!