Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend (2017)

FRIDAY -- I came home from a church meeting and was greeted with this beautiful bouquet as an early Mother's Day gift. I love that the florist was Sonya's Rose since that is our daughter's name.  <3

Flowers from Tim (florist Sonya's Rose)

SATURDAY -- The kids decided to give me their gifts and cards already. Tim and the kids helped clean the house while I was busy created a VBS poster. After lunch, we drove to Sheboygan to do some hiking and get ice cream for dinner.

First stop: Kohler Andrae State Park



Visiting the Nature Center:





Out hiking along the dunes of Kohler Andrae State Park:

















Hiking by the Black River:

Trilliums

Hiking at the Sheboygan Indian Mound Park:







And we had ice cream for dinner!! We all have fun choosing our ice creams, sorbets, and frozen yogurts along with toppings. 

@ Menchies in Sheboygan

SUNDAY -- Tim made me pancakes for breakfast and then we took Sonya to church since Caleb stayed overnight at a friend's house. After church, we enjoyed a late lunch and bean bag toss at the Pauly house. The kids loved playing with the dogs that my adopted brother and his girlfriend brought.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! I want to walk in my bare feet in the sand and water with you guys!! Glad you had fun with the bean bags. Everyone is dressed warmly in those latter pics. I'm jealous! lol!
And ice cream for dinner sounds perfect to me! :)