Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Keeping Busy

We've been keeping pretty busy here at the Nikolai household. There's been teaching Sunday School, traveling for Easter brunch with Tim's relatives, play dates, a visit to the zoo during spring break, a mother-daughter brunch with my mom, more Easter with my dad's side of the family, and we're potty training. Whew!

Potty training was a lot easier with Caleb. Once he started sleeping through the night with a dry diaper, he was potty trained in less than a week. Well... until he got constipated and then he didn't want to poop on the toilet for a few months after that. Sonya on the other hand still needs a diaper at night, but she's been doing pretty good with going tinkle on the potty. She's still learning how to control it so she can wait long enough for us to get her to the toilet. Usually I just take her to the bathroom whether or not she has to go. As for the #2's, she tells us right away. She's been going on the toilet for those since October. So it's a work in progress. I'm tempted to put Sonya in her underwear overnight just so she realizes she's wet and needs to get up in the middle of the night to go potty. But first I think we'll try limiting her liquid intake at night and making sure she goes to the bathroom immediately before bed and then right away when she gets up. Hopefully the routine will help.

Other than that, I've been working on launching a blog for Camp Grow -- a Christian camp that I worked at one summer during college. I've also been attempting to promote one of their summer events, Cycling for Scholarships Family Festival, which is one of they ways they raise funds to financially assist campers. I'm pretty excited about getting involved with Camp Grow again and am hoping we can go to the Harvest Moon Family Camp at the end of September.

That's all for now. What has everyone else been up to?

1 comment:

April W. said...

Yeah for potty training. Just be careful with the overnight training if her body is not ready it will not happen and just be frustrating for everyone.
The new blog seems kinda cool.