Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cookies and Candy

Baking is so therapeutic. I love to let Caleb and Sonya help me mix up cookie dough or other treats. This year, my mom and I split up the cookie baking. I did the cut-outs while she did the chocolate crinkle cookies and the peanut butter blossoms. It was fun to decorate cookies with the kids and my sister too!

Some of the 4 batches of cut-outs the kids helped me make

Caleb got to play with leftover scraps of cookie dough

Decorating cut-outs
Lots of pretty cookies!


There were probably around 100 of them

Grandma Pauly came over and made some
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies and Peanut Butter Blossoms

Last year, I had eyed up a recipe for chocolate truffles. It looked so easy so this year, I made them. They were so simple to make and turned out beautifully.
Dipping the chocolate truffles

They turned out pretty good!

They're taste just as beautiful they are :-)

I also made some homemade caramels. They're really good too! 

Now... onto the chocolate covered pretzels.



No comments: