Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Struggles with Caleb

Lately, I've just been struggling so much with Caleb. There are times when he frustrates me so much that I want to just go in my room and cry. I feel like a failure when he talks back and doesn't listen. I've praying for strength and wisdom in this area.... and a lot of patience. I'm trying not to have the expectation for him to be the "perfect" sweet little boy all the time, but it's hard. Today, I'm going to post about all the things that I love about Caleb to try and put me in a better mood for when I go pick him up in a little bit.

1. He has the sweetest smile!
2. He's helpful with Sonya and reassures her when she is crying.
3. He's a great cook! (with mommy's help of course)
4. He is the funniest kid I've ever met -- so witty!
5. He tells me that I'm beautiful.
6. He can sense when I'm feeling sad and gives me the biggest hugs!
7. He has a big heart -- wanted to give friends and neighbors some of his toys.
8. He loves Jesus and we have good spiritual conversations.
9. He memorizes the words to lots of songs and is constantly singing at home.
10. He is super creative with his cars, play dough, and just has a great imagination.

I guess that list wasn't as hard to make as I thought it might be. :-) There are so many more reasons... but I figured I'd limit it to 10 -- otherwise I wouldn't get done in time to go get him. *grin*

Dear Caleb Andrew,
You're growing up too fast and it's hard to believe that this will be your 5th Christmas already! Please try to be a good boy for me at home so that we can have more fun together. Next year, you'll be in kindergarten and I won't see you nearly as much. I want to enjoy you while I can since that was one of the main reasons I decided to be a stay-at-home mom. I love you SOOO much and can't imagine my life without you (or your sister).
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

April W. said...

I know that it can be hard when you are in the middle of a hard day and the little one is acting up. When things are bad take a break and go to your room and pray. It always helps me when I feel like I can't take it any more.

Hang in there.

April