What do I want in my dream house?
I want a beautiful library with a vaulted ceiling and skylights.... shelves of books all the way up to the ceiling! There would be a nice and cozy window seat overlooking a small lake where I could read and sip hot chocolate on a cold and dreary day. A baby grand piano would be sitting in the corner. Then I'd have a huge closet filled with all sorts of art supplies imaginable: paint, brushes, canvas, and an easel. (Maybe I'd even get a potter's wheel... ).
My kitchen would be mostly white with cranberry red accents. We already have a few appliances and a kitchen mat in the red color. I'd like lots of counter space and cupboards along with a display case filled with beautiful china and crystal (which I also don't have). There would be double ovens and a good sized refrigerator that has the freezer and fridge side by side. I can picture having a little island with some bar stools. The dining room would be off to the side a little.
The master bedroom would have a fireplace and a walk-in closet. Our color scheme would be chocolate brown, beige, and cadet blue (kind of a light blue with greenish tint to it). There would be a love seat and a rocking chair and maybe a desk in addition to our nightstands and dressers. We'd also have our own full bathroom with a whirlpool.
The main bathroom would be primarily white. I think the white, two shades of blue, and sea foam green color combination would still work. We already have a striped shower curtain, towels, and one rug.
Our living room would be all cozy with a fireplace. I'd love one of those flat screen TV's that look like a painting to hang right above the mantel. I have no idea what colors we'd go with because the furniture that we have now would pretty much be non-existent by that point. That makes it harder to have a vision.
We'd have a walk-out basement to the back yard. It'd be fun to have a game room with a pool table, maybe ping-pong, or even air hockey down there with all of our board games. I don't know yet if I'd want an office downstairs or upstairs... I guess it'd depend on how the house format was set up.
Well, I guess I'll keep on dreaming for now. It'll be fun to look back on this post some day especially when we finally get more serious about house shopping. I may not get everything that I want, but it never hurts to dream.
2 comments:
I've always dreamed of a giant library in my home:) and I LOVE the colors for the master bedroom... so pretty!
lol!!!!
I'm laughing because you want a foreclosed house by the lake with a library..... quite the mansion.... for quite the price!!!
;)
It doesn't hurt to have dreams and ideas..... just remember IKEA.... they have some stellar ideas for storage/book cases..etc...
And great picks for colors on your master.... We just bought all new bedding and window coverings...in the exact palate! :)
Post a Comment