Monday, January 23, 2012

A weekend update

I'm not very good at our day-to-day sorts of updates when I don't have photos. Even though a photo is worth a thousand words, I'll just have to improvise with my writing skills.

Last week, we signed Caleb up for wrestling at the high school. He always likes to wrestle at home with everyone so we figured maybe he could learn a few cool moves. Practice starts tomorrow so I hope he enjoys it! At least there are only 5 practices in total and it was pretty inexpensive so we can decide if it's something that he'd like to do in the future before investing in it.

The weekend was pretty low-key. Tim was at a men's conference at church on Friday night and Saturday morning. So on Friday night, the kids and I played in the snow for a bit and then came inside to drink hot chocolate and eat popcorn while watching "Beauty and the Beast." Sonya was playing with my hair throughout the movie. lol... Saturday morning, the kids and I walked over to Lincoln Elementary and went sledding until lunchtime. The weather was SO nice out. After Sonya's nap, we all went out in the snow again. I might've built a few forts. I love playing in the snow. I'm such a big kid!

Sunday consisted of church, teaching Sunday School, afternoon naps, cleaning up a few things, football, and AWANA. They say that Sunday is a day of rest. Well, other than naps, I feel like we're going all day long on Sundays.

Today, I'm pretty tired out. My chest is all congested and has felt like an elephant has been sitting on it for about a week now. Hopefully I can kick it on my own because I despise going to the doctor.

That's it for now!

No comments: