I can't believe how time flies by. Just the other day at ABF, I was comparing my little Sonya to some of the other new babies and she's SO big next to them. It's hard to imagine that she was that little only 6 months ago. They pick up on just about everything too!
This little munchkin loves to watch people and seems to wait patiently until she has their attention. Then she starts babbling up a storm and smiling like crazy. She loves when people talk to her! Her favorite things to do are play with Caleb, roll everywhere, and put EVERYTHING in her mouth. I set her down in the middle of the living room the other day and between rolling and scootching, she made it to the dining room. She really likes eating paper and playing with plastic bags. (Don't worry! I didn't give them to her.. just found her with them and had to take them away). Silly little girl.
Yesterday at the library, Sonya and Tim were having a little conversation. He told me that he was telling her to say "Hi dad" and she repeated back "ha da." Now, when Tim told me this, I wasn't fully sure I believed him, but had seen her watching us talk and looking like she was mouthing words. Sure enough, later that night, she said it without prompting! I could hear it clear as day and knew exactly what she said. (She wouldn't say "ma" or anything like that for me though... tis sad.)
I don't know if I'm ready for her to start crawling and talking yet. It's still so fun to watch her grow. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment